File and Storage Services are used to set up and manage one or more file servers, file server provides a location for shared disk access.
– The file server is a central server in a computer network that enables clients to access the server’s storage capacities.
File Server Resource Manager
– File Server Resource Manager (FSRM) is aset of tools that allow understand, control, and manage the quantity and type of data stored on file server.
– File Server Resource Manager used to classify files and folders, configure folder quotas, define file screening policies, generate storage reports, and use file management tasks to perform scheduled actions on set of files.
– Internet Small Computer Systems Interface is an Internet Protocol-based storage networking standard for linking data storage facilities.
– It provides block-level access to storage devices by carrying SCSI commands over a TCP/IP network.
– iSCSI follows the Server-Client model. The iSCSI Target (Server) makes storage available for iSCSI Initiator (Clients) to use.
– DFS (Distributed File System) Namespaces enable a group of shared folders located on different servers into one or more logically structured namespaces.
– Data Deduplication provides storing a single copy of identical data on the volume, it helps improve storage utilization.
Server for NFS
The server for NFS (Network File System) enables this computer to share files with UNIX-based computers and other computers that use the network file system (NFS) protocol.